April 27, 2011

What's your favorite Scary Movie?

U.N.Owen’s Rating: 3.7/5

Victim to Ghostface : “Don’t mess with me. I have a 4.0 GPA & 135 IQ”
It’s been 11 years since we got to have a glimpse of Woodsboro again  a.k.a. Ghostface’s lair. Scream 3 was the last (I mean LITERALLY the last of a “trilogy”) & the worst one of the lot. Not only was it bad in terms of acting & the story, the horror element was absent with a lame ending. Craven felt the need for a 4th installment despite stating Scream was meant to be a trilogy. Well either way we Scream fans were waiting with complete curiosity how they were going to change it up this time. No disappointment from my side, well at least not really, maybe a bit.
Several years after the Woodsboro murders, Sydney returns to her hometown on a book tour. She decides to stay with her cousin (her mom’s sister) while marketing her book. Soon she bumps into her Scream 1,2,3 friends : Dewey & Gale. Once the reunion is over, the murders begin &  “scream” stuff happens.
One reason why I didn’t like the movie was because it was trying too hard to be a stand alone but seemed more like a remake of the first movie. With a lot of known faces (from TV shows & movies), younger cast & more blood – Scream 4 doesn’t really disappoint. The climax was not great but I can live with it. The comedy interspersed with the movie was good as usual from any scream movie. They made Dewey more “intelligent” than the previous installments. Courtney Cox looks OLD! Too much make up & surgery does that I guess, Sydney has also aged (duh!) but she performed well.

Verdict: If you love the “Scream” genre (meta horror?), then Scream 4 or “Scre4m” won’t disappoint. While they threw a lot of red herring’s the ending was bit of a surprise to me. Would I want a Scream 5..not sure. If they can really come up with a good script unlike the previous screams then I wouldn’t mind giving it a shot. So till then y’all enjoy answering ghostface’s : “What’s your favorite scary movie?” 

1 comments:

hailey said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Hailey William
haileyxhailey@gmail.com

Post a Comment